EXAMPLE IASSC SIX SIGMA CERTIFICATION GREEN BELT EXAM QUESTIONS.
NOTE THAT THE ACTUAL IASSC EXAM CONTAINS 100 QUESTIONS AND MUST BE COMPLETED AS A CLOSED-BOOK EXAM WITHIN 3 HOURS. TRY TO COMPLETE THE 13 QUESTIONS BELOW IN LESS THAN 20 MINUTES. ( Answers shown at the bottom of this page )
Sample Test Questions (Select all applicable answers)
1. A Green Belt is attempting to improve the customer experience provided by a call centre for a budget airline ( telephone support). As a result he should build a list of Critical to Quality Characteristics based on ____________________.
a. Service benefits defined by customers
b. Product features requested by customers
c. Cost of production
d. Size of unit
e. The Voice of the Business
2. A dairy learned through a Lean Six Sigma project their ice cream products could be stored at a temperature 2 degrees higher than they had historically used. Since their energy costs for ice cream storage cost $6,000 per month per degree of temperature, what was reported as the annual savings from this LSS project?
3. Producing more than is needed by the next step in the process or more than the customer needs is an example of which of the Seven Elements of Waste?
b. Correction (defects)
4. An FMEA is an important tool for a Black Belt. From the list below select the three items that best describe the benefits obtained from constructing a FMEA.
a. Predict where/when/how failures may occur
b. Estimate the severity, occurrence and detection of defects
c. Helps display the procedural order of a process
d. Identify ways in which a process can fail to meet customer requirements
e. Identify which 20 % of causes of defects are responible for approx 80% of all defects
5. The shape of a Normal Distribution is impacted primarily by:
a. Sample Error
c. Data Type
d. The standard deviation or variance of the data distribution
6. Since 95% of Normally Distributed data is within +/- 2 Standard Deviations of the Mean, then the probability is _____% that a sample Mean is within +/- 2 Standard Deviations of the population Mean.
7. After running some statistical tests, a Belt found that the P-value was greater then 0.05 which indicated:
a. There is a difference or relationship with at least 95% confidence
b. There is no difference or relationship with at least 95% confidence
c. To reject the Null Hypothesis with a least 95% confidence
d. To run five more tests to get 95% confidence
e. To change the Null Hypothesis
8. A wine distributor hypothesizes that sales average $12,000 per month. A sample report of 10 months with a Mean of $11,277 was selected. The Standard Deviation is $3,772. Using an alpha of 5 percent, is the distributor statistically confident? What are the correct Degrees of Freedom if doing the t-test?
9. Which two statements are correct for the Regression Analysis displayed above?
a. The dependent variable is Personnel hours
b. The independent variable is “Tons mined.”
c. The regression is statistically insignificant as the R2 value is < 80 %.
d. The dependent variable is “Tons mined.”
e. The input “Personnel hours” has an impact on “Tons mined.”
10. Which of the following statements is false of the Pareto Chart Effects diagram output
shown by Minitab above?
a. There are 5 factors varied in this experimental effort.
b. Factor “B” has the highest effect on the output measured in this experiment.
c. Three-Way interaction effects have a significant effect on the output.
d. Factor “C” has the lowest main effect on the output measured in this experiment.
e. Two-Way interactions and Main effects are to be pursued in further trials.
11. Which item is the least descriptive of a properly designed control system using the Lean toolbox?
a. Balanced and consistent work flow across a process
b. Zero inventory of Work In Process (WIP)
c. Tidy, organized and maintained office equipment or machinery
d. Labeled inventory areas which control the production of material or services
12 A characteristic of properly executed SPC includes which of the following (Select two answers):
a. Immediate response to an out of control indication
b. After a action to an out of control indication of violating the 3 sigma limits, the next data point is just within the 3 sigma limits so another action was taken to further reduce the response
c. Plotting the response from the process at the end of the day and then analyzing for out of control conditions and taking actions if still out of control
d. Creation of Out of Control Action Plans before using an SPC Chart in the process
13. If unsustained results are the case after project closure, what actions should be taken to recapture the benefits of the Six Sigma project?
a. Contact the Belt no matter where he/she is
b. Contact the Belt if still in the same process area
c. Reference the Control Plans and key finding in the final report
d. Check to see if the SPC Charts are up to date
SAMPLE TEST QUESTIONS ANSWER KEY
A Service benefits
A Predict where/when/how failures may occur
B Estimate the severity, occurrence and detection of defects
D Identify ways in which a process can fail to meet customer requirements
5. D The Standard Deviation or Variance of the data Distribution
6. D 95%
7. B There is no difference or relationship with at least 95% confidence
8. B Sample n=10 dF= n-1 =9
9. D The dependent variable is "Tons mined"
E The input “Personnel hours” has an impact on “Tons mined.”
10. C Three-Way interaction effects have a significant effect on the output. ( is incorrect)
11. B Zero inventory of Work In Process (WIP)
12. A Immediate response to an out of control indication
D Creation of Out of Control Action Plans before using an SPC Chart in the
13 C Reference the Control Plans and key finding in the final report
For Black Belt exam questions you can try this independent 3rd party website with 40 Black Belt Questions and Answers;